Tuesday, October 7, 2008

while i'm waiting

in my car today i became completely wrapped up in the lyrics to a new song by john waller called "while i'm waiting." i came home and did a youtube search and quickly realized that this song is in the new movie fireproof. i haven't yet seen the movie, but i blogged a few months ago about another song that appears in this movie, a song called "love is not a fight" by warren barfield.

i had another "encounter" with this film earlier in the week. within my department are two ladies who i've been getting to know. both of them are married and recently went with their husbands to see this movie. the next day the three of us had a good conversation about the film and the christian perspective on marriage presented in the movie. they talked about their own relationships as well, and i walked away from that conversation feeling so blessed to be working with christians who can share the wisdom they've learned from experiences i've yet to encounter.

i earnestly believe that God strategically puts individuals in our lives for reasons we can't fathom and sometimes never understand. in this instance, i've been able to pray for these women and their marriages, and i've seen the fruit of faithfulness in prayer in both instances. that alone is good. and, though our waits are all different, it's what we do with our wait that makes all the difference.

I’m waiting
I’m waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I’m waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience

While I’m waiting
I will serve You
While I’m waiting
I will worship
While I’m waiting
I will not faint
I’ll be running the race
Even while I wait

I’m waiting
I’m waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I’m waiting on You, Lord
Though it’s not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait

I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting on You, Lord

-- John Waller, "While I'm Waiting"

1 comment:

  1. Yes, yes - this is you. You are not stagnant in the wait - you go forward - whatever He deems that looks like. Like that. Like you!

    ReplyDelete