Sunday, February 26, 2012

not too frosty frostbite.

Hello, all. It's Shane. Rene has been getting after it lately in terms of blogging so I thought I'd take a minute to post.

I'm a simple guy. The vast majority of my thoughts and actions revolve around three things: Jesus; my beautiful, loving wife; and off-roading.

On occasion, I get to fulfill my off-roading passion by taking out my Blazer, which is built and modified specifically for off-roading, and driving it in places the average vehicle does not and cannot drive.

A local off-roading park puts on an event every year at the end of February called Frostbite. I use Frostbite as an opportunity to meet up with some fellow wheelers and get some seat-time in the Blazer.

Overall, Frostbite 2012 was a great experience. The weather was great, especially compared to previous Frostbite runs. There was near record attendance with 250 rigs and almost 500 people.

Here are some of the pics I managed to get of the trip:
My view of the crowd as I eagerly waited for my raffle ticket numbers to be called.
Lots of great prizes were given away, but I left empty-handed.

Stretching out the suspension on the Blazer.
As you can see, it has a bit more suspension travel than your mama's SUV.

The new Silverado pulled the husky Blazer really well.
There's just something about doing what you've been created to do...

Just a small glimpse of the numerous vehicles in attendance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment